High Spirits Hospitality is the parent company to Liquid Catering, The Old Cigar Warehouse and Bravo1 Protection. We are driven with the vision of providing exceptional customer service to our clients, as well as embracing a positive team culture for our employees. Company-wide we have 16 full-time employees and 50+ part time employees. This position has two roles; our Venue Captain works primarily to manage The Old Cigar Warehouse during events and coordinate all the logistics leading up to event day, while our Administrative Assistant works in the office to assist with minor bookkeeping. We are a growing company, and we expect this position to grow with us!
Our ideal candidate will be someone with a passion for working for a small business and understands the entrepreneurial drive and fluidity of a small but growing company. All of our brands are centered around hospitality, so a candidate who has experience with events is a MUST to better understand the dynamic of our company. This position reports directly to the Director of Operations and Office Manager.
· Work 2-4 The Old Cigar Warehouse events a week in a managerial role. During events, the Venue Captain is responsible for supervising hourly event staff, and should do so in a way that demonstrates exceptional leadership skills through delegating, motivating and coaching the staff. While managing, you are also responsible for communicating with the Client, event guests and other vendors effectively and in a positive manner before, during and after the event. If a problem arises during an event, the manager should be able to think critically to manage the problem in an efficient manner.
· Coordinate with the Sales Team, other managers and staff members to ensure that each event goes off smoothly and our client’s expectations are exceeded. If expectations are not being met, the Venue Captain may be responsible for quickly identifying the problems and creating solutions.
· Coordinate with other facility members of the Operations team as needed to ensure our facilities and equipment are maintained and in good order. May need to clean facilities if needed, including restrooms, kitchen areas, parking lots, warehouse and event spaces.
· Ensure our standards of practice meet all DHEC and OSHA requirements for food safety and employee health and safety.
· Assist with managing the Cost of Goods finances and budget for the company. Provide ideas and implement measures to cut costs.
· Put away all orders and ensure all product in stock is fresh and in place.
· Work manually as needed to move supplies and products to different locations, set-up events and clean our facilities.
· Supervise receiving rental delivery orders, set-up and break down events according to the designated floor plan.
· Bartend at Liquid Catering off-site events as needed.
· Train new staff members in the various duties assigned to bartenders and event staff.
· Attend training classes and stay current with industry event and beverage trends as needed.
· Prepare and send Quickbook and Caterease invoices, payment links, and apply payments as received.
· Maintain deposit due schedule.
· Maintain timely email correspondence with current prospective clients and vendors.
· Delivery company documents to city and county offices, as well as post office as needed.
· Make bank deposits as needed.
· Prepare weekly parking packets for The Old Cigar Warehouse.
· Run errands and assist with other special projects as needed.
· Attend and be well-prepared for all staff meetings, trainings and retreats.
· Be on time for work each day.
· Work 36-40 hours per week depending on the season. Our ideal schedule would be:
o Monday: office work from 9-5
o Tuesday & Wednesday: off
o Thursday: office work from 9-1
o Friday: office work from 9-1
o Friday & Saturday: work evening events, have one weekend a month off
o Sunday: work our Sunday church service from 7:30 AM-12:30 PM
· Should be able to manage and prioritize incoming tasks and requests from our sales and management team. Must be able to complete tasks on time and efficiently.
· Provide exceptional customer service to our clients and guests.
· Must be able to think critically and problem solve, sometimes in very high stress situations.
· Should always come to with a positive attitude, ready to work hard and be a supportive member of our team.
· Base hourly wage of $12.00-$13.00 an hour for office hours and Venue Captain shifts.
· Bartending hourly wage of $8 an hour + tips for gratuity events, $10 an hour for cash bars.
· Gratuity structure from working events as outlined in Employee Handbook.
· $10 Technology allowance paid biweekly to compensate for cell phone and computer usage.
· Eligible to enroll in company health, vision, dental, life and short-term disability insurance programs.
· Eligible to participate in our company 401k plan after the first year of employment. We match 50% of your contribution, up to 1.5%.
· 80 PTO hours per calendar year. Hours are issued by accrual, up to 30 unused hours may transfer to the following year.
· Classified as an FLSA Non-Exempt employee.
· 36 hours of paid Holiday Pay each year, considered a Level 5 employee.
· Must be able to lift, move and carry 50 lbs. without assistance.
· Must be able to work independently without supervision.
· Must own a vehicle and be able to drive it to work (have to drive between locations).
· Must own a cell phone with a voice, text, and data plan.
· Must be 21 years of age.
· Own a laptop computer that can be used for work purposes.
· Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
· Must have the stamina to work long, physically demanding shifts.