Bartender- Topside Pool Club
Topside is an exclusive, members-only club that is open Wednesday-Sunday from March-October in Downtown Greenville. We are looking for professional bartenders who can demonstrate exceptional customer service and are used to serving high-end clientele. This is a great job for a young professional who has a day job, but wants to make extra money during the summer months. We hope to hire bartenders who will come back year after year. There will be some shifts available in the off season as well.
Since this is a private club, we will structure our staff a little differently than most bars. Bartenders will double as cocktail servers, and will be scheduled as such in rotating shifts. All tips will be put into a tip pool and divided up based on a daily hourly rate. Everyone on the floor is expected to serve our guests in whatever capacity they desire. We are a team, so all cleaning and side work tasks will be divided up equally. Pay is $4 an hour + tips. $50 annual uniform credit is provided.
Job Duties include:
- Be attentive and serve all members and guests with a smile and professional attitude. Interact with members in an encouraging fashion.
- Prepare mixed cocktails according to our recipes. Pour draft beer, wine and soda with style and accuracy.
- Monitor guests for safe alcohol consumption. Tactfully handle unruly, over intoxicated or inappropriate guests behavior as needed.
- Complete all cleaning and side work tasks as assigned on a daily basis. Tasks include cleaning the bar area, cleaning the snack area, wiping down and stacking furniture, restocking bathrooms and linens, taking out trash, etc.
- Restock bar equipment, product, mixers and glassware before, after, and continuously throughout your shift.
- Balance all credit card and cash transactions with great accuracy.
- Work private events as requested during the week.
- Ensure the safety standards of the club are upheld by monitoring for pool dangers, over intoxication, food safety and weather dangers. Ensure all local, state and federal laws are followed, particularly related to alcohol service, food safety and pool safety. Report incidents or unsafe conditions according to company protocols.
- Be a passionate member of our team. Show enthusiasm for your position, your teammates and the company, both inside and outside the job.
Must be able to work at least three shifts a week. Current Shifts offered include:
- Wednesday: 3:00-9:00 PM
- Thursday, 3:00 PM-9:00 PM
- Thursday, 4:30 PM-11:00 PM
- Friday, 12:00 PM-7:00 PM
- Friday, 4:30 PM-1:00 AM
- Saturday, 11:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Saturday, 1:00 PM-8:00 PM
- Saturday, 5:00 PM-1:00 AM
- Sunday, 11:00 AM-4:00 PM
- Sunday, 1:00 PM-7:00 PM
- Sunday, 4:00 PM-11:00 PM
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have at least two years of bartending experience, preferably in a club or high volume establishment.
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional customer-service, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Must be able to lift, move, and carry 50 lbs. Must be able to lift 25 lbs overhead.
- Must have the stamina to work outside in the heat for 8 hours.
- Must be able to stand and move on your feet for 8 hours with no break.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must have a smart phone with talk, text and data plan.
- Must be able to work at least three shifts a week.