Business and HR Internship - Spring Semester 2020
High Spirits Hospitality is the parent company to several different hospitality-related brands; Liquid Catering, a special event bartending company; The Old Cigar Warehouse, an event venue; Bravo1 Protection, a private security company; High Spirits Events, an event production company; and Topside Pool Club, an exclusive rooftop pool club.
Each semester we hire 4+ interns to join our team for a semester to experience what it's like to be a part of our work family. Every day is different, with the primary focus being to shadow our team and work on development projects that will make an impact to our clients, employees, and company. Due to alcohol service, all interns must be 21 years of age by the program start date. Find out more on our website here.
These internships are based out of our office in Greenville, SC.
Business Administration Intern
- Assist the CEO with completing long-term projects focused on growing the businesses. Past projects have including writing RFP's, developing training programs, coordinating legislative efforts, and more.
- Manage the personal brand of the CEO through blog and social media efforts.
- May be asked to complete financial budgets, research legalities, and find appropriate vendors for new projects.
- Reports to the Executive Assistant to the CEO.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist our Director of HR with hiring part-time and full-time staff, primarily for our security company. Conduct phone screens, in person interviews, and initiate the hiring process. Estimate that you will hire 100-200 employees during the semester.
- Coordinate new employee orientations and training.
- Compile new training programs.
- Assist with employee scheduling.
- Complete New Hire paperwork.
- *Masters level intern may be eligible for a higher pay rate.
All interns are paid $7.50 per hour, $10.00 for Master's level interns. Interns must currently live or relocate to the Greenville area at their own expense. We are currently hiring interns for Spring 2020.
- Must be available full-time. The actual schedule can be slightly flexible to allow for classwork, but we do look for interns who can commit to 32-40 hours per week and be present for at least 5 hours a day Monday-Friday.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends 1-3 times a week.
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the time the program starts.
- Should be able to demonstrate the ability to provide exceptional customer service, great teamwork, and stellar communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and without much supervision.
- Must have a valid drivers license and your own vehicle. You will have to run errands periodically.
- Must be able to lift, move and carry at least 50 lbs.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.