Business Development Manager- Event Industry
High Spirits Hospitality is the parent company to Liquid Catering, The Old Cigar Warehouse, Bravo1 Protection, Topside Pool Club, Events at TCMU, and High Spirits Events. We are known as one of the leading hospitality companies in the Upstate, with a diverse portfolio of event-focused businesses. We are driven with the vision of providing exceptional customer service to our clients, as well as embracing a positive team culture for our employees. Company-wide we have 16 full-time employees and 70+ part time employees. We are a growing company, and we expect this position to grow with us!
We are hiring a Business Development Manager to generate new business opportunities across all of our brands. While we have internal sales managers in place, this position will focus on outbound selling and increasing cross-market potential leads. The right candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record for generating new business, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and must have a passion for events and hospitality. With our diverse range of business divisions, we guarantee there is never a dull day!
- Generate new clients and business opportunities through research, networking, cold calling, and relationship building. Product lines include but not limited to;
- beverage catering;
- venue sales;
- security and event staffing services;
- event sponsorships;
- memberships to Topside Pool Club.
- Nurture current and new business relationships to encourage new and expanded revenue opportunities.
- Assess contacts for potential cross-market sales across our various divisions.
- Be familiar with all policies, products and services offered by our company.
- Accountable for meeting monthly and annual sales goals, as well as both financial and customer satisfaction goals.
- Attend networking events, training and development sessions as required.
- Research, respond to, and write winning RFP's.
- Write proposals, contracts, and operational plans.
- Maintain our contact database with current contact names and information.
- Attend and work trade show booths.
- Develop and nurture relationships with event planners, caterers, and other industry professionals.
- Communicate to Leadership regarding all pertinent activities of assigned accounts to keep them abreast of all phases of account activities. Encourage involvement of Leadership when appropriate.
- Work with various members of our team to lead our Clients through the sales process. Ensure follow-ups are adequate and client satisfaction scores are met.
- While most sales opportunities will be passed off to a member of the sales team, the BDM will be responsible for managing the sales process and outcome of some key accounts.
- Answer all client communications within one business day.
- Manage all client and vendor issues according to our company standards for conflict resolution.
- Work with the Administrative Division to ensure all payments and deposits are made and client billing is accounted for in a timely manner.
Marketing: Work with the staff and CEO to determine appropriate sales strategies in all current and new market segments to maximize company revenues.
- Observe market trends and monitor competitors to adapt our sales targets.
- Work with our Marketing Manager to provide content for social media channels and create new marketing campaigns.
- Present an “expert” voice representing our company and the event industry through public relations and marketing efforts.
- Potential to supervise interns and provide training support to sales staff.
- Work 2-5 events a month. You may be asked to work 4-8 hours in a managerial role per week or stop in to greet your clients beforehand. When managing an event you will be supervising 1-8 hourly staff members at a time.
- Complete all special projects as assigned.
- Attend and be well-prepared for all staff meetings, training and retreats.
- Be on time for work each day.
- Work 40-48 hours per week, depending on the season. Additional hours could be required during busy seasons. Most work scheduled will be Monday-Friday with a flexible schedule to allow for working evening and weekend events.
- Should be able to manage and prioritize incoming tasks and requests from our sales and management team. Must be able to complete tasks on time and efficiently.
- Own a laptop computer and cell phone that can be used for work purposes. We do pay a technology allowance and provide all software tools.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our clients and guests.
- Must be able to think critically and problem solve, sometimes in very high stress situations.
- Should always come to with a positive attitude, ready to work hard and be a supportive member of our team.
- Turn in all financial receipts in a timely manner and monitor the department budget to avoid excess expenditures.
- Some statewide travel may be required.
- Salary package range of $44,000-$55,000+ based on experience. Will have a base salary with a commission and bonus structure. Commission will be a big part of the package, so the more you sell the more you earn!
- Eligible for Health, Vision and Dental benefits after a 60-day waiting period. Company pays 50% of the annual premiums for employees and 10% for dependents.
- Eligible to enroll for Short-Term Disability Insurance. The company pays 50% of the premiums.
- Free enrollment in our company life insurance and Employee Assistance Program.
- 80 hours of PTO time to be used each year. 3.08 hours are accrued each pay period and up to 40 hours may be carried over into the next year.
- Eligible to participate in our 401k program after one year of employment.
- Must have at least five+ years of experience in a related field, particularly around sales, events and hospitality.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Should show proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, and Exel. Experience with Caterease, Infusionsoft, and basic graphic design is a plus.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must demonstrate experience with conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Must demonstrate exceptional leadership skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving history. You will have to drive our company vehicles.
- Must be able to lift, carry and move at least 50 lbs. and be on your feet for 8+ hours.
- Must have a clean criminal history and successfully pass random drug tests.