Business Development Manager - Security Industry
Bravo1 Protection is Upstate South Carolina's finest private security company. We specialize in providing
hospitality-driven, exceptional armed and unarmed security services for bars, venues, festivals, and businesses. Our experienced officers are trained not just to protect our sites, but to do so while providing excellent customer service. Bravo1 Protection is a division of High Spirits Hospitality, a collective of hospitality-related business
consisting of Liquid Catering, The Old Cigar Warehouse, High Spirits Events, and Topside Pool Club. We are
committed to providing a positive, engaging team culture for our employees, with high growth development
opportunities. Company-wide we have 25 full-time employees and 100+ part time employees.
Our Business Development Manager is the primary person responsible for managing all of our current and
prospective client accounts. Our ideal candidate will be someone with a proven track record of driving new B2B sales, nurturing client relationships, and ensuring and has passion for working for a small business and
understands the entrepreneurial drive and fluidity of a small but growing company. This position reports directly
to the Director of Sales
- Supervise and manage all aspects of sales for Bravo1 Protection.
- Target market segments include special events, festivals, bars, event venues, businesses, construction sites, personal protection, and churches.
- Identify new business opportunities and contacts through cold calling, networking, and analyzing our current customer base to expand on their needs.
- Qualify new business opportunities by connecting with inbound and outbound prospects.
- Perform site assessments to evaluate our client’s needs and expectations for our services.
- Write applicable proposals and deliver a winning sales process that works to gain new clients in an efficient, effective manner.
- Ensure all pricing offered is acceptable to our budgeted margins.
- Adapt sales tools and negotiating strategies as appropriate for the prospect. Some sales will endure a long sales cycle, must be able to identify a continued strategic plan to target long-term prospects.
- Complete all new client onboarding, including writing contracts, processing account credit forms, establishing bill procedures, and ensuring the client has prepared their own staff for a successful security transition.
- Manage daily account needs for the entire sales cycle, including communicating scheduling needs to our operations team, executing all client billing and collections, and communicating with clients on their ongoing needs.
- Use our CRM system to track lead and sales activity daily.
- Respond and compile competitive RFP’s according to stated deadlines.
- Compile and present weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports regarding company sales, customer satisfaction, market trends, and performance rates.
- Authorize discounts, trades and sponsorship opportunities according to budget.
- Work closely with the CEO and senior management team to determine appropriate sales strategies in all current and new market segments towards maximizing company revenues.
- Work with the Operations Division to ensure all collaboration on sales leads, as well as ensure daily logistic details are taken care of and customer expectations are met.
- Work with the Administrative Division to ensure all payments and deposits are made and client billing is accounted for in a timely manner. Follow-up with past due clients.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to strategize effective marketing campaigns using social media, web, public relations, email campaigns and our digital presence with the purpose of getting our prospects to know, like and trust us.
- Be an expert with all products and services offered by our company.
- Responsible for developing and implementing new products, services and menus.
- Responsible for maintaining the departments and individual sales budgets and goals, as well as maintaining department costs and expenses per approved budget.
- Understand and ensure all company policies and processes are followed. Write and implement new company policies as needed.
- Establish and maintain successful partnerships with referral businesses and organizations. This includes but is not limited to chambers, law enforcement agencies, law firms, HR professionals, trade organizations, etc.
- Attend weekly meetings including but not limited to planning meetings, operations meeting and sales recaps.
- Handle client complaints, guest issues or negative online reviews according to our company conflict resolution policies.
- Plan, set-up and work various trade show booths at shows and events.
- Continue to foster the company culture of High Spirits Hospitality by being an active, passionate member of our management and event team. Handle other special projects as requested.
- Achieve sales goals; including your financial goals, as well as cold call and networking goals.
- Deliver excellent and fast customer service to our clients and vendors.
- Have a consistent understanding and execution of company systems and processes.
- Learn and master all of our computer applications, including Microsoft Office, Humanity Scheduling, and Insightly.
- Must be passionate about Bravo1 Protection. Should be a strong advocate for our company in your professional and personal life.
- Should participate in professional associations such as the Greenville Chamber, ASIS, etc. The Company will pay for said memberships as approved by the CEO.
- Full-time position, classified as an FLSA Exempt employee.
- Will have to complete SLED armed and unarmed training and work periodic shifts as a security guard for high-volume days or nights.
- Must have at least five years of B2B experience in sales, preferably around security.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Should show proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel. Experience with Insightly or graphic design is a plus.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must demonstrate experience with conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving history. Have a vehicle you can drive for work.
- Some periodic statewide travel is required.
- Must be able to lift, carry and move at least 50 lbs. and be on your feet for 8+ hours.
- Must have a clean criminal history and be able to pass random drug tests.