Director of Culture & Training
Do you love company culture? I'm not talking about putting a ping-pong table in the break room, I'm talking about creating a sustainable, authentic culture where people LOVE to come to work. Where ideas and communication flourish, stories matter, and everyone understands the purpose of the organization.
High Spirits Hospitality has grown a lot over the years, but now we are at a critical point where we need to develop a culture that is scalable and intentional. We are looking for our first Director of Culture & Training to oversee our culture development and lead all company training. To be a strong candidate for this role you must be creative, entrepreneurial minded, and a strong trainer. Right now we have 130 employees and are expected to grow to 200 by next spring. That's a lot of people to support and a ton of growth to happen!
- Work with the rest of our team to create, build, and execute our 2020 "Culture Reset" project.
- Continue to develop and nurture our culture through new initiatives and programs.
- Track KPI's and metrics to determine the success rate of programs when possible.
- Head up internal communications.
- Work with our Marketing Team to find ways to express our culture externally.
- Create our annual "Culture Book".
- Evaluate new job candidates to determine if they fit into our company culture.
- Connect with employees across the state to ensure they feel engaged and developed.
- Survey employees through electronic surveys, in person feedback, and other methods to understand what our employees want in an organization.
- Oversee our company training programs;
- Write training programs for a huge array of topics with courses taking place both online and in-person.
- Write efficient syllabus;
- Design presentation tools and media;
- Write tests;
- Plan for role playing and other exercises.
- Training topics include but not limited to; customer service, new employee orientation, standard operating protocols, event management, leadership development, conflict resolution, communication, etc.
- Create and manage an effective onboarding system customized for each employee based on their job.
- Facilitate training by coordinating schedules, booking trainers, and acquiring training resources.
- Teach most of the training yourself, with the exception of technical skill sets.
- Maintain all training documentation.
- Track new employees as they go through their training path. Ensure they don't miss a step and receive feedback from the employee and instructors.
- Assist the VP of Human Resources and CEO with projects and tasks as assigned.
- Be the steady voice advocating for our company culture as we make changes to our protocols, operations, communications, and more.
- Be on time for work each day as scheduled.
- Work frequent evenings and weekends to direct off-hours training sessions.
- Work periodic events and festivals.
- Work independently to complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work 38-45 hours per week depending on the season.
- Should be able to manage and prioritize incoming tasks and requests from our sales and management team. Must be able to complete tasks on time and efficiently.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our visiting clients and guests.
- Be a strong member of our leadership team.
- Must be able to think critically and problem solve, sometimes in very high stress situations.
- Should be flexible and be able to adapt tasks as priorities change.
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant role.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite. Must be fluid with Excel and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- We do manage a lot of festivals and large scale events, so having some flexibility to work periodic weekends or evenings is a plus. You will have to work frequent evenings and Saturdays for training sessions.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid drivers license and your own vehicle.
- Must be able to lift, move, and carry 25+ lbs.
- Some statewide travel required.
- Graphic design skills are a plus.