Director of Event Sales
High Spirits Hospitality is the parent company to Liquid Catering, The Old Cigar Warehouse, Bravo1 Protection and High Spirits Events. We are driven with the vision of providing exceptional customer service to our clients, as well as embracing a positive team culture for our employees. Company-wide we have 15 full-time employees and 50+ part time employees. Our Director of Event Sales works primarily to lead the sales team for Liquid Catering and The Old Cigar Warehouse. We are a growing company, and we expect this position to grow with us!
Our ideal candidate will be someone with a passion for working for a small business and understands the entrepreneurial drive and fluidity of a small but growing company. All of our brands are centered around hospitality, so a candidate who has experience in restaurants or with events is a MUST to better understand the dynamic of our company. This position reports directly to the CEO.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of our sales division for both Liquid Catering and The Old Cigar Warehouse. Target market segments surround special events include weddings, corporate events, fundraisers, festivals and private parties.
- Develop and nurture new and existing business relationships with clients, vendors, and other community partners.
- Responsible for managing the Sales Team, including Sales Managers, Sales Assistants, and Event Director. Must be able to provide exceptional leadership by directing, motivating, tracking, and coaching, as well as redirect and reprimand unsatisfactory behaviors. Responsible for hiring new employees as needed.
- Work closely with the CEO and senior management team to determine appropriate sales strategies in all current and new market segments towards maximizing company revenues.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to strategize efficient marketing campaigns using social media, web, public relations, email campaigns and our digital presence with the purpose of getting our prospects to know, like and trust us.
- Be an expert with all products and services offered by our company. Responsible for developing and implementing new products, services and menus.
- Compile and present weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports regarding company sales, customer satisfaction, market trends, and performance rates.
- Responsible for coordinating all monthly training sessions for the Sales Team, as well as training new employees.
- Responsible for maintaining the departments and individual sales budgets and goals, as well as maintaining department costs and expenses per approved budget.
- Understand and ensure all company policies are followed. Write and implement new company policies as needed.
- Oversee key accounts and events.
- Authorize discounts, trades and sponsorship opportunities according to budget.
- Plan, set-up and work various trade show booths at various shows and events.
- Establish and maintain successful partnerships with venues, event planners, caterers, beverage suppliers and other vendors.
- Write and issue client contracts. Address contract changes as needed.
- Work with the Operations Division to ensure all day-of event logistic details are taken care of and customer expectations are met.
- Work with the Administrative Division to ensure all payments and deposits are made and client billing is accounted for in a timely manner. Follow-up with past due clients.
- Attend weekly meetings including but not limited to planning meetings, operations meeting and sales recaps.
- Coordinate all post event follow-up surveys, reviews and thank-you notes. Communicate unsatisfactory performance of staff members to the appropriate department head.
- Handle client complaints, guest issues or negative online reviews according to our company conflict resolution policies.
- Coordinate all technology applications used by the Sales Team, including Infusionsoft and Caterease.
- Attend at least four networking events a month.
- Continue to foster the company culture of High Spirits Hospitality by being an active, passionate member of our management and event team.
- May be responsible for training or coaching sales managers of our sister companies.
- Handle other special projects as requested.
- Reports directly to the Company CEO.
- Deliver excellent customer service to our clients and vendors.
- Learn and master all of our computer applications, including Caterease, Microsoft Office, Social Tables, AppointmentCore and EchoSign.
- Must be passionate about The Old Cigar Warehouse and Liquid Catering. Should be a strong advocate for our company in your professional and personal life.
- Should participate in professional associations such as the Greenville Chamber, Upstate Bridal Association and VisitGreenvilleSC. The Company will pay for said memberships.
- Should work 43-50 hours a week depending on the season. Work 3-8 evenings, holidays and Saturdays per month. Classified as an FLSA Exempt employee.
- Should work to meet all sales goals, including fiscal and marketing goals as stated by the CEO.
- Salary and commission structure based on experience.
- Eligible for Health, Vision and Dental benefits after a 60-day waiting period. Company pays 50% of the annual premiums for employees and 10% for dependents.
- Eligible to enroll for Short-Term Disability Insurance. The company pays 50% of the premiums.
- Eligible to participate in our 401k program after one year of employment. We have a 1.5% match.
- Free enrollment in our company life insurance and Employee Assistance Program.
- $20 Technology allowance paid biweekly to compensate for personal cell phone and computer usage.
- 80 hours of PTO time to be used each year. 3.08 hours are accrued each pay period and up to 40 hours may be carried over into the next year.
- 80 annual hours of Paid Holiday Time Off.
- Must have at least five years of experience in sales, particularly around events and hospitality.
- Must have at least three years of experience in a management role, showing accountability for meeting sales goals, training staff and possessing overall exceptional leadership skills.
- Must have extensive experience working with weddings.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Should show proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Exel. Experience with Caterease, Infusionsoft and graphic design is a plus.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must demonstrate experience with conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving history. You will have to drive our company vehicles.
- Must be able to lift, carry and move at least 50 lbs. and be on your feet for 8+ hours.