Event Bartender - Liquid Catering
High Spirits Hospitality is the parent company to Liquid Catering, Events at Judson Mill, The 405, Bravo1 Protection, and High Spirits Events. We are driven with the vision of providing exceptional customer service to our clients, as well as embracing a positive team culture for our employees. Company-wide we have 50 full-time employees and 100+ part time employees.
Our bartenders are typically those with a professional day job who want to make some extra money at night and on the weekends. We look for passionate people with a ton of drive, customer service experience and no ego! Our bartenders work part-time, picking up 2-8 shifts a month. Aside from bartending, there are banquet staff shifts to be picked up as well. We work weddings, concerts, sporting events, corporate events, and more. There is always something exciting going on!
Job Duties include:
- Be attentive and serve all event guests with a smile and professional attitude.
- Pour beer, wine, cocktails, and non-alcoholic beverages with speed, style, and accuracy. Prepare mixed cocktails according to our recipes. If you don't have experience mixing cocktails, we start you with beer & wine events and then train you for cocktails once you get familiar with things.
- Monitor guests for safe alcohol consumption. Tactfully handle unruly, over intoxicated or inappropriate guest's behavior as needed.
- ID guests to ensure everyone consuming alcohol is of legal age.
- Complete all set-up, break-down, cleaning, and side work tasks as assigned. Tasks include; setting up and breaking down for events, loading and unloading vehicles, cleaning the bar area, bussing tables, wiping down and stacking furniture, restocking bathrooms, taking out trash, etc.
- Restock bar equipment, product, mixers, and glassware before, after, and continuously throughout your shift.
- Work some shifts as general Banquet Staff. These duties include bussing tables, cocktail serving, bar backing, greeting guests, etc.
- Balance all credit card and cash transactions with great accuracy.
- Ensure the safety standards of the company are upheld by monitoring for over alcohol safety, event safety, and weather dangers. Ensure all local, state and federal laws are followed, particularly related to alcohol service. Report incidents or unsafe conditions according to company protocols.
- Communicate with other staff members before, during, and after the event to ensure the success of all events.
- Document incidents as they occur.
- Be a passionate member of our team. Show enthusiasm for your position, your teammates and the company, both inside and outside the job.
Things to Know:
- Our events are posted on a app where you log in and sign up for the shifts you want. We do ask that you work at least 3x a Quarter. Most shifts are on Saturdays, so the ability to work on a Saturday is critical.
- Hourly pay starts at $17 plus tips. Tips are pooled.
- We have dozens of events each month, primarily in Greenville & Clemson. Sometimes you'll come to our location to load up and drive to an event, other times you can meet on-site. Some events are held on-site at one of our three event venues in Greenville.
- Uniform is black dress pants, black shoes, and a uniform shirt.
- There are advancement opportunities available.
- Although this position is listed as part-time, we are able to consider full-time positions for the right candidate.
- Check out our Staffing FAQ packet for more information!
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- We prefer at least two years of bartending experience, preferably in a club or high volume establishment.
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional customer-service, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Must be able to lift, move, and carry 50 lbs. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. overhead.
- Must have the stamina to work outside in the heat for 8+ hours.
- Must be able to stand and move on your feet for 8 hours with no break.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must have a smart phone with talk, text and data plan to operate our scheduling app.
- Must be able to work at least one shift a month/3 shifts per quarter.
- Must have reliable transportation.