Event Intern- Spring 2019
High Spirits Hospitality is the parent company to Liquid Catering, The Old Cigar Warehouse, Bravo1 Protection, Topside Pool Club and High Spirits Events. We are excited to be launching a new partnership with a local museum to manage all their private event bookings. We are currently seeking a Spring Event Intern to assist our staff with the sales and operations for the events that take place at the museum. We anticipate this internship starting January 9th and running through May 3rd.
We are driven with the vision of providing exceptional customer service to our clients, as well as embracing a positive team culture for our employees. Company-wide we have 17 full-time employees and 70+ part time employees. We are a growing company, and we expect this position to grow with us!
Sales: assist with all aspect of the event sales for the site.
- Work with the Client throughout the booking process, managing the account from the first inquiry to working their event.
- This includes coordinating all follow-ups, issuing contracts, answering all questions, nurturing the client relationship after they have booked, finalizing all event details, and responding to customer surveys and reviews after the event.
- Cold call for new corporate business.
- Be familiar with all policies, products and services offered by our company.
- Provide content for social media.
Operations: assist with event operations and logistics.
- Receive equipment rental orders
- Assist with event set-up and execution
- Assist with putting together catered meals when needed
- Conduct inventory, cleaning schedules, and other oversight tasks as needed
- Work events as a bartender or catering lead
- Hourly pay of $7.25 an hour + the opportunity to earn gratuities when working as a bartender
- Will need to BYO laptop and cell phone for work purposes
- Most hours will be Tuesday-Friday with frequent evenings and Saturdays. Will have most Sundays and Mondays off, for a total of 36-40 hours a week.
- This internship qualifies for college credit.
- Must be at least 21 years of age due to alcohol service.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Should show proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, and Exel.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must demonstrate experience with conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Must demonstrate exceptional leadership skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving history. You will have to drive our company vehicles.
- Must be able to lift, carry and move at least 50 lbs. and be on your feet for 8+ hours.
- Must have a clean criminal history and successfully pass random drug tests.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.