High Spirits Hospitality is the parent company to Liquid Catering, The Old Cigar Warehouse, Bravo1 Protection, Topside Pool Club and High Spirits Events. We are excited to be launching a new partnership with a local museum to manage all their private event bookings. We are currently seeking an Event Manager to oversee all the sales and operations for the events that take place at the museum. We expect the Event Manager to process 300-500 leads and book 35-50+ events per year.
We are driven with the vision of providing exceptional customer service to our clients, as well as embracing a positive team culture for our employees. Company-wide we have 17 full-time employees and 70+ part time employees. We are a growing company, and we expect this position to grow with us!
Sales: manage all aspect of the event sales for the site.
- Work with the Client throughout the booking process, managing the account from the first inquiry to working their event.
- This includes coordinating all follow-ups, issuing contracts, answering all questions, nurturing the client relationship after they have booked, finalizing all event details, and responding to customer surveys and reviews after the event.
- Responsible for maintaining our Corporate book of business by cold calling, nurturing, and engaging corporate leads and converting them into new business.
- Be familiar with all policies, products and services offered by our company.
- Accountable for meeting monthly and annual sales goals, as well as both financial and customer satisfaction goals.
- Attend networking events, training and development sessions as required.
- Answer all client communications within 24 hours.
- Manage all client and vendor issues according to our company standards for conflict resolution.
- Work with the Administrative Division to ensure all payments and deposits are made and client billing is accounted for in a timely manner.
Marketing: Work with the museum staff and HSH CEO to determine appropriate sales strategies in all current and new market segments to maximize company revenues.
- Observe market trends and monitor competitors to adapt our sales targets.
- Develop and nurture relationships with event planners, caterers, and other industry professionals.
- Work with our Marketing Manager to provide content for social media channels and create new marketing campaigns.
- Present an “expert” voice representing our company and the event industry through public relations and marketing efforts.
Operations: Oversee all event operations and logistics.
- Coordinate equipment rental orders
- Create event timelines
- Oversee event set-up and execution
- Manage events as needed
- Oversee our food & beverage catering for museum events
- Generate food orders
- Write a weekly kitchen schedule
- Assist with putting together meals when needed
- Conduct inventory, cleaning schedules, and other oversight tasks as needed
- Supervise interns and part-time operational staff. This includes hiring, training, motivating, scheduling, and reprimanding staff under your supervision. Our Director of HR will provide support and resources as needed.
- Work 2-6 events a month. You may be asked to work 4-8 hours in a managerial role per week or stop in to greet your clients beforehand. When managing an event you will be supervising 1-8 hourly staff members at a time.
- Complete all special projects as assigned.
- Attend and be well-prepared for all staff meetings, training and retreats.
- Be on time for work each day.
- Work 40-50 hours per week, depending on the season. Additional hours could be required during busy seasons. Most work scheduled will be Tuesday-Friday 9-5, frequent Fridays & Saturdays, with most Sunday and Mondays off. There are of course other evening events that need to be worked.
- Should be able to manage and prioritize incoming tasks and requests from our sales and management team. Must be able to complete tasks on time and efficiently.
- Own a laptop computer and cell phone that can be used for work purposes.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our clients and guests.
- Ensure that the relationship and communications between the museum, as well as the Sales and Operational team is a positive and fluid one.
- Must be able to think critically and problem solve, sometimes in very high stress situations.
- Should always come to with a positive attitude, ready to work hard and be a supportive member of our team.
- Turn in all financial receipts in a timely manner and monitor the department budget to avoid excess expenditures.
- Salary package range of $40-$45,000 based on experience. Will have a base salary with a commission and bonus structure.
- Eligible for Health, Vision and Dental benefits after a 60-day waiting period. Company pays 50% of the annual premiums for employees and 10% for dependents.
- Eligible to enroll for Short-Term Disability Insurance. The company pays 50% of the premiums.
- Free enrollment in our company life insurance and Employee Assistance Program.
- 80 hours of PTO time to be used each year. 3.08 hours are accrued each pay period and up to 40 hours may be carried over into the next year.
- Eligible to participate in our 401k program after one year of employment.
- Must have at least three+ years of experience in a related field, particularly around sales, events and hospitality.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Should show proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, and Exel. Experience with Caterease, Infusionsoft, and basic graphic design is a plus.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must demonstrate experience with conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Must demonstrate exceptional leadership skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving history. You will have to drive our company vehicles.
- Must be able to lift, carry and move at least 50 lbs. and be on your feet for 8+ hours.
- Must have a clean criminal history and successfully pass random drug tests.