Our Event Supervisors are full-time folks who can take the lead at our on-site and off-site events for Liquid Catering & Events at Judson Mill. These events require extreme attention to detail, a strong and accommodating personality, and the ability to plan and adjust accordingly. Event Supervisors may work independently, or be supervising other staff members depending on the event. Bartending and banquet/event experience is preferred but not required. Event Supervisors report to and receive their direction from the Director of Operations but will also collaborate closely with the rest of the Operations leadership team.
High Spirits Hospitality is the parent company to Liquid Catering, Events at Judson Mill, Bravo1 Protection, Topside Pool Club, and High Spirits Events. What started as a small bartending company in our owner's garage in 2011 has grown into a thriving business with 40 full-time employees and 100+ part-time employees providing services for over 600-800 events a year. We are driven with the vision of providing exceptional customer service to our clients, as well as embracing a REMARKABLE team culture for our employees.
Making Life Fun
Keepin' It Real
Ahead of the Curve
Leading with Heart
Exceeding Expectations Everyday
Bartending - will work 2-3 shifts a week. There are events on weekday evenings and weekends with varying shift times from 1:00 PM-12:00 AM. Working at least 3 Saturdays a month is required.
- Supervise events and offer guidance and direction to other staff working events.
- Be attentive and serve all members and guests with a smile and professional attitude. Interact with members in an encouraging fashion.
- Prepare mixed cocktails according to our recipes. Pour beer, wine, and cocktails with style and accuracy.
- Monitor guests for safe alcohol consumption. Tactfully handle unruly, over intoxicated or inappropriate guests behavior as needed.
- Ensure the safety standards of the company are upheld by monitoring for over intoxication, food safety, and weather dangers. Ensure all local, state and federal laws are followed, particularly related to alcohol service. Report incidents or unsafe conditions according to company protocols.
- Complete all set-up, break-down, cleaning, and side work tasks. Tasks include; setting up and breaking down for events, loading and unloading vehicles, cleaning the bar area, wiping down and stacking furniture, restocking bathrooms and linens, taking out trash, etc.
- Restock bar equipment, product, mixers and glassware before, after, and continuously throughout your shift.
- Document event details and recaps through digital recap forms.
- For cash bars, balance all credit card and cash transactions with great accuracy.
Venue Manager - will work 1-2 shifts a week. There are events on weekday evenings and weekends with varying shift times from 9:00 AM-1:00 AM.
- Supervise events at our venues. Offer guidance, direction, motivation, and reprimands to our staff working events.
- Ensure the total venue operations are successful, including set-up, event execution, and break-down.
- Work with the Client to address their needs and ensure their expectations are exceeded during the event.
- Communicate with and monitor outside vendors (caterer, DJ, florist, etc). Make sure they are following our policies and are completing their contracted tasks.
- Handle emergencies and issues as they arise.
- Ensure the life safety plans of the building.
- Assist in coordinating procedures and processes to help streamline the execution of all events.
- Spend 2-8 hours a week cleaning our spaces. This includes cleaning countertops & equipment, mopping floors, taking out trash, etc.
- Provide ground level customer service, observation, and reporting to Director of Operations and Operations Leadership Team.
- Mitigate any conflict with a client according to our company standards. This includes handling conflict that is directed upward from the junior team members.
- Conduct advance site visits for new events as well as attend certain client introductions and details meetings.
- Assist sales in Sales/Ops meetings to ensure there is clear communication between departments
- Make sure that organization is adhering to agree upon contractual details on each event such as load in times, package properties, uniforms, etc.
- Assist in training new bar staff on how to conduct events.
- Develop relationships with contacts/clients and continue to nurture the professional relationship.
- Communicate special needs such as inventory, equipment, staffing, etc., to Director of Operations.
- Provide additional support to Liquid Catering and Judson Mill events and festivals.
- Complete deep cleaning and maintenance tasks on slower weeks.
- Shadow Operations Leadership team and develop a working understanding of each of their roles and responsibilities.
- Cover operations teams roles/responsibilities when they are on vacation.
- Attend and be well-prepared for all event shifts, staff meetings, training, and retreats.
- Should be able to manage and prioritize incoming tasks and requests from the Director of Operations.
- Must be able to complete tasks on time and efficiently.
- Own a cell phone with a text, voice, and data plan that can be used for work purposes.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our clients and guests.
- Must be able to think critically and problem solve, sometimes in very high stress situations.
- Should be able to demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Should always come to with a positive attitude, ready to work hard and be a supportive member of our team.
- Responsible for turning in financial receipts in a timely manner and monitor the department budget to avoid excess expenditures.
- Be familiar with all policies, products and services offered by our company.
As this is an event-based job, our Event Supervisors are expected to work 2-4 evening/weekend shifts a week with 4-10 hours spent in the office. Our pay period runs Wednesday-Tuesday. Typically you would have Sunday & Monday off. There is some seasonality to this position, with our slower months being January, February, July, and August. As the schedule does vary, this job is not suited for someone working at another bar/restaurant simultaneously.
We do believe in developing our team members and providing them with numerous opportunities to grow. We customize a Career Road Map for each position, providing our team with clear expectations about the skills they need to develop to be considered for a promotion.
- Hourly rate of $16-$22 an hour + tips. This is a non-exempt, full-time position. The hourly pay varies based on the duties of that shift.
- BlueChoice Health, Dental, and Vision insurance offered following 60 days employment. We pay 50% of all premiums for employees and 10% of premiums for dependents.
- Eligible to enroll with Palmetto Proactive Healthcare for just $15 a paycheck.
- Eligible to enroll in a Unum short-term disability insurance plan, with the company paying 50% of your premiums.
- FREE Unum $10,000 Life insurance policy and FREE Employee Assistance Program, enrolled upon hire.
- Eligible to participate in our 401k program from day one. After your first year with us we'll provide up to a 1.5% company match. FREE money!
- Eligible to participate in our Allstate Critical Illness, Accident, and Supplemental Life Insurance programs.
- 80 annual PTO hours + paid holidays. We also give you a paid day off for your birthday!
- Paid in-depth orientation and training provided.
- Allowance for personal computers and phones used for business purposes (administrative employees).
- Paid parental leave.
- Eligible to participate in our Employee Referral Bonus programs. More FREE money!
- 2+ years of experience in banquets, catering, or events. Bartending experience is preferred.
- Must respect the diversity of our clients and be willing to serve all clients, regardless of their race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Should demonstrate the ability to work independently.
- Should demonstrate a working knowledge of Microsoft Office technology tools.
- Should demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
- Should demonstrate exceptional organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be willing to work 2-4 nights and weekends per week.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid drivers license with no major traffic violations and have your own vehicle. Must be comfortable driving a box truck.
- Must be able to lift, move, and carry 50+ lbs. by yourself.
- High School diploma or GED required. A college degree is NOT a requirement for this position.