High Spirits Hospitality is the parent company to Liquid Catering, The Old Cigar Warehouse, Bravo1 Protection, Topside Pool Club, Events at TCMU, and High Spirits Events. We are driven with the vision of providing exceptional customer service to our clients, as well as embracing a positive team culture for our employees. Company-wide we have 19 full-time employees and 80+ part time employees. Our Finance Manager is responsible for all of our accounting and office management tasks. We are a growing company, and we expect this position to grow with us!
Our ideal candidate will be someone with a passion for working for a small business and understands the entrepreneurial drive and fluidity of a small but growing company. As the Finance Manager, you are responsible for overseeing the financial activities and office management of the organization. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Finance Manager will be in a key position to drive financial performance within our organization. You must have strong leadership and strategic planning skills. If you have experience in hospitality, that's a plus!
This is a full-time position.
- Coordinate all daily bookkeeping efforts, including entering client payments and expenses into Quickbooks.
- Create all client invoice and billing statements. Transfer daily sales or invoices from our POS systems, primarily Caterease and Square, to Quickbooks. Ensure all tax codes and discounts reconcile.
- Reconcile all bank accounts, credit card statements, and petty cash registers on a weekly basis.
- Oversee all cash flow, including prioritizing spending and creating cash flow reports.
- Produce and assess accurate monthly and year-end close reports.
- Manage budget and financial forecasting. Provide budget analysis to departments so they can plan their spending.
- Manage all past due invoicing and collections processes.
- Refund client security deposits.
- Transfer funds between companies.
- Prepare all daily deposits and cash drawers.
- Assist the Director of HR with payroll processing.
- Act as the liaison with CPA firm for year-end tax preparation and planning.
- Pay all applicable sales taxes on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Manage all business license fees, including creating the reporting and calculations.
- Investigate ways to improve profitability and efficiency of the business.
- Complete all compliance or tax activities.
- Create or maintain department policies and procedures.
- Support our sales teams by issuing W-9's, insurance certificates, invoices and more.
- Assist with special projects, as necessary.
- Provide insight and feedback on company operations and strategic planning to the rest of the Leadership Team.
- Organize office supply orders.
- Organize all filing and correspondence.
- Continue to foster the company culture of High Spirits Hospitality by being an active, passionate member of our Leadership Team.
Salary Range based on experience.
- BS in Accounting or Finance.
- 3+ years of experience in corporate accounting.
- Strong knowledge of Quickbooks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- We do manage a lot of festivals and large scale events, so having some flexibility to work periodic weekends or evenings is a plus.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to lift, move, and carry 25+ lbs.