Housekeeper / Event Set-Up
High Spirits Hospitality; parent company to Liquid Catering, The Old Cigar Warehouse, Topside Pool Club, and Bravo1 Protection; is looking for our next housekeeper. We are a customer service driven organization that feels more like a family business. Company-wide we have 18 full-time employees, 50+ part-time employees, a premiere event venue, rooftop pool club, and office space. We are driven with creating memorable experiences from first contact to last call- which includes the housekeeping!
Our ideal candidate is searching for a flexible schedule and fun working environment. High Spirits is a small but growing company looking for someone with a passion for details and organization. The candidate would spend much of their time cleaning the beautiful event space, The Old Cigar Warehouse. The Old Cigar Warehouse, built in 1852, has been featured nationally for its elegant space and historic building. The candidate will also spend time at Topside Pool Club – a private club located in the heart of downtown which includes a rooftop pool and bar. The candidate may also spend some time completing housekeeping duties at the Liquid Catering headquarters office, which is also located in downtown.
Schedule: Ideally work Monday-Friday from 8:30-2 and on Saturdays from about 9-12. There is some flexibility with this schedule. It's perfect for a mom with kids in school.
- Follow direction from the Director of Operations to ensure that our facilities are maintained and cleaned, allowing us to exceed our client’s expectations.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, stairways, parking lots, offices and other work areas according to appropriate checklists.
- Remove all trash from offices and venue on a daily basis.
- oversee rental delivery orders, set-up and break down event equipment according to the designated floor plan. This includes moving and placing tables, chairs, linens and other equipment. There is some moving of equipment up and down stairs.
- Maintain our property basic landscaping needs, including weeding, watering and planting.
- Move supplies, equipment and products to different locations.
- Coordinate basic purchasing needs, specifically for cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Inspect buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repairs, making notes and recommendations using a pre‐established check sheet.
- Performs weekly and quarterly maintenance on our floors by using various chemical strippers, wax products and buffers.
- Complete laundry tasks, including washing, drying, and folding towels and linens.
- Be on time for work each day as scheduled.
- Work independently to complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner. Work 20-30 hours per week cleaning depending on the season. Should be able to manage and prioritize incoming tasks and requests.
- Have a smart phone with phone, text and data plan with consistent access to email communication. Provide exceptional customer service to our visiting clients and guests. Must be able to think critically and problem solve, sometimes in very high stress situations. Should be flexible and be able to adapt tasks as priorities change.
- Must be able to lift and move 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs. overhead.
- Must have the stamina to work 8 hour shifts on your feet.
- Must own a vehicle and be able to drive it to work (have to drive between locations).
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving history (will have to drive company vehicles) Must own a cell phone with a data plan.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be available occassionaly nights and weekends.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English.
- Base hourly wage of $10.50 an hour.
- Classified as an FLSA Non-Exempt employee.
- Will receive 40 PTO hours per year.
Apply on our website at http://www.highspiritshospital...