High Spirits Hospitality is the parent company to Liquid Catering, Events at Judson Mill, Bravo1 Protection, Topside Pool Club, and High Spirits Events. What started as a small bartending company in our owner's garage in 2011 has grown into a thriving business with 40 full-time employees and 100+ part-time employees providing services for over 600-800 events a year. We are driven with the vision of providing exceptional customer service to our clients, as well as embracing a REMARKABLE team culture for our employees.
Making Life Fun
Keepin' It Real
Ahead of the Curve
Leading with Heart
Exceeding Expectations Everyday
The HR Generalist provides support to our HR Manager and our team. It's your job to ensure the team have the tools and resources they need to be successful. A majority of this position will involve the recruitment of part-time and full-time employees for Bravo1 Protection and Liquid Catering.
- Recruiting duties include writing job descriptions, posting ads, attending job fairs, setting up and conducting interviews (both virtual and in person), and coordinating any testing for open positions. On average you will need to recruit 20-50 employees a month.
- Conduct background checks and obtain any necessary documents for employment.
- Onboarding employees to include new hire paperwork, working with our Manager of Culture and Training to coordinate orientation classes and SLED training, ensuring we are compliant with all documents, and submitting all I9 verification.
- Assist the HR Manager with 4 different company payrolls, both weekly and bi-weekly. Payroll is very intensive so being detail oriented is a must.
- Moderate the shared HR email inbox.
- Maintains and enhances the organization's human resources programs by developing, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Ensure all HR strategies and initiatives are legally compliant and aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Work to support the current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation, and preservation of human capital.
- Maintain all company human resource filings and documentation. Audit files as needed to ensure our documentation is up to date with all federal and state labor documentation laws.
- Handle employee issues and concerns as they arise. Support supervisors with any employee coaching, reprimands, compliments, evaluations, and terminations as needed.
- Assist with scheduling current staff and securing independent contractors for large event days.
- Assist the organization’s management team by bridging the employee relations of their direct reports as needed.
- Attend industry training & networking events monthly.
- May be responsible for training, coaching, and motivating interns.
- Prepare for meetings by creating and sending out efficient agendas. Oversee assigned follow-up tasks from meetings. Ensure follow-ups from other team members are communicated.
- Provide research support to the HR and Admin team.
- Maintain technical knowledge of human resource related regulations, laws, and policy changes.
- Ensure the company’s vision and mission is communicated and understood by all employees. Be a prime example of this vision.
- Attend and be well-prepared for all staff meetings, training, and retreats.
- Should be able to manage and prioritize incoming tasks and requests from the HR Manager.
- Must be able to complete tasks on time and efficiently.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our employees, clients, and guests.
- Must be able to think critically and problem solve, sometimes in very high stress situations.
- Should be able to demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Should always come to with a positive attitude, ready to work hard and be a supportive member of our team.
- Responsible for turning in financial receipts in a timely manner and monitor the department budget to avoid excess expenditures.
- Be familiar with all policies, products and services offered by our company.
This is primarily a Monday-Friday 9-5 job, with 2-6 weekend/evening event & networking shifts a month. There is some flexibility to adjust the weekday schedule to accommodate working parents. After your first 90 days we do offer flexibility to work no more than 30% of your time from home. Our pay period runs Wednesday-Tuesday, and we do give you the flexibility to adjust your schedule if you do have to work an event.
We do believe in developing our team members and providing them with numerous opportunities to grow. We customize a Career Road Map for each position, providing our team with clear expectations about the skills they need to develop to be considered for a promotion.
- Annual salary of $45,000-$48,000 a year.
- BlueChoice Health, Dental, and Vision insurance offered following 60 days employment. We pay 50% of all premiums for employees and 10% of premiums for dependents.
- Eligible to enroll with Palmetto Proactive Healthcare for just $15 a paycheck.
- Eligible to enroll in a Unum short-term disability insurance plan, with the company paying 50% of your premiums.
- FREE Unum $10,000 Life insurance policy and FREE Employee Assistance Program, enrolled upon hire.
- Eligible to participate in our 401k program from day one. After your first year with us we'll provide up to a 1.5% company match. FREE money!
- Eligible to participate in our Allstate Critical Illness, Accident, and Supplemental Life Insurance programs.
- Exempt employees enjoy a flextime scheduling option + Discretionary Time Off.
- A one month paid sabbatical every four years.
- An annual $250 Travel Bonus.
- Paid in-depth orientation and training provided.
- $20 biweekly Technology Allowance for personal computers and phones used for business purposes.
- Paid parental leave.
- Eligible to participate in our Employee Referral Bonus programs. More FREE money!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or other relevant degree.
- Should have at least two years of human resources experience, showing accountability for supporting staff, recruiting, and possessing overall remarkable leadership skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Should show proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience with coordinating payroll through ADP is preferred.
- Should demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Should demonstrate experience with conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Must own a cell phone with data capabilities and have your own vehicle for errands. Must have a current Driver’s License.
- Work 40-45 hours per week depending on the season. Most work scheduled will be Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm. There will be some evenings and weekends required to conduct job fairs, orientations, and training.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have a clean criminal history.
- Must respect the diversity of our employees and be willing to serve all employees, regardless of their race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity.