Human Resources Manager
High Spirits Hospitality is the parent company to several different hospitality-related brands: Liquid Catering, a special event bartending company; The Old Cigar Warehouse, an event venue; Bravo1 Protection, a private security company; High Spirits Events, an event production company; Topside Pool Club, an exclusive rooftop pool club. We are a small business with BIG goals and a driven team. Overall, we have 35+ full-time employees and 100+part-time employees. We are looking for an HR Manager who can handle all our hr tasks.
While most of this job is 9-5, we are an event company, so there will be occasional times when we may need your help on weekend events. There are also periodic weekend and weeknight orientations and training classes to oversee. While we are currently based in Greenville, we are expanding our security company regionally, so there may be some light travel in the future as hiring needs expand outside the Upstate. We also anticipate adding another employee to the HR department by the end of 2021, so a successful candidate will need to demonstrate their ability to lead a team.
- Maintains and enhances the organization's human resources programs by developing, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Coordinate and manage the recruiting process for new employees. This includes writing job descriptions, posting ads, attending job fairs, conducting interviews, and coordinate any testing for open positions. On average you'll need to recruit 20-30 employees a month, mostly security officers.
- Guide and manage new employees through the onboarding process including filing out new hire paperwork, conducting orientation, and scheduling job specific training sessions. Follow-up with employees during their first 90 days, make sure they have the tools and knowledge to be successful.
- Complete weekly payroll for all employees. Our payroll is intense, so being detail oriented is a must.
- Ensure all HR strategies and initiatives are legally compliant and aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Work to support the current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation, and preservation of human capital.
- Maintain all company human resource filings and documentation. Audit files as needed to ensure our documentation is up to date with all federal and state labor documentation laws.
- Act as the primary HR contact for all employees. Handle employee issues and concerns as they arise. Support supervisors with any employee reprimands, compliments, evaluations, and terminations as needed.
- Assist the organization’s management team by bridging the employee relations of their direct reports as needed.
- Manage all company benefit needs, specifically by acting as our benefits coordinator for our company insurance plans. These plans include health, vision, dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance.
- Manage our 401k program, including educating and signing employees up as needed.
- Develop and maintain diversity & inclusion programs, ensuring our employees are representative of the communities we serve.
- Assist the CEO with managing other insurance and risk management projects. Responsible for filing accident reports, completing payroll audits, and filing unemployment claims as needed.
- Attend and be prepared for weekly meetings with management team.
- Manage other special projects as needed.
- Maintain technical knowledge of human resource related regulations, laws, and policy changes.
- Ensure the company’s vision and mission is communicated and understood by all employees. Be a prime example of this vision.
- Track KPI's and metrics to determine the success rate of programs when possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or other relevant degree.
- Should have at least five years of human resources experience, with at least two years of experience in a management role; showing accountability for supporting staff, recruiting, and possessing overall exceptional leadership skills.
- Should show proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Experience with coordinating payroll through ADP is preferred.
- Should demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Should demonstrate experience with conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Must own a cell phone with data capabilities and have your own vehicle. Must have a current Driver’s License.
- Must be able to move, lift, and carry at least 25 lbs and stand on feet for up to 4 hours at a time.
- Work 40-45 hours per week depending on the season. Most work scheduled will be Monday-Friday 9-5. There will be some evenings and weekends required to conduct job fairs, orientations, and training. Candidates may be eligible to work events or additional frontline shifts for additional money if desired.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have a clean criminal history.