Security Officer - Bravo1 Protection
Bravo1 Protection is led by Chief Executive Officer Tammy Johnson, one of Greenville’s leading hospitality experts. Tammy was inspired to start Bravo1 after many failed attempts at finding adequate security firms for her special event properties. She understands that for a business owner, having thoroughly trained, customer-service oriented security officers is a must. Security officers are the first impression a guest will have of our client’s business, so they need to represent their brand appropriately. We pride ourselves on operating a work environment where all of our employees are treated fairly and with great respect. We wouldn’t be successful without each and every one of our employees, so we do our best to take care of them.
The primary function of our business is to provide well-trained, SLED-certified officers to our clients. We hire men and women with a background in law enforcement, US military or other related experience. We have 6 different rating levels for our officers based on the experience of a job site and the risk level. In addition to hiring security officers, we also hire Event Staff or Crowd Management personnel to work various events and festivals.
Our officer’s duties are to:
- Provide a visual presence at or on contracted properties for crime reduction and prevention.
- Take appropriate action to resolve issues.
- Employ lawful techniques to suppress disorderly conduct.
- Act as liaison to law enforcement agencies having competent jurisdiction.
- Complete written reports to document activity or actions taken.
- Attend required and requisite training. The initial training course is 12 hours long with more advanced courses offered based on your job classification.
- Perform additional functions as directed by supervision.
- Paid training
- We pay for your SLED license
- Flexible schedule
- Variety of job sites, including bars, events and businesses
- Great managment on-call 24/7 if you have an issue
- Pay starts at $11 an hour for unarmed, $13 an hour for armed.
- Must be at least 19 years of age for unarmed security, 21 years of age for armed.
- Must demonstrate exceptional customer service, communication and teamwork skills.
- Must be able to work independently while following orders and protocols.
- Must have your own vehicle and be able to drive it to work.
- Must have an operating cell phone with voice, text and data capabilities.
- Must be able to demonstrate good critical thinking skills.
- Must have a clean criminal history- no arrests or convictions.
- Must be able to pass an initial and periodic drug tests.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move at least 25 lbs. Must have the physical stamina to stand on your feet for 8 hours with no break.