Security Officer - Part-Time
Bravo1 Protection is one of Greenville’s leading security experts. We look for professional officers who can deliver a great impression 100% of the time. We are hiring Weekend Warriors to fill immediate job sites! No experience needed, this is a great job for retirees, students, and caretakers.
We pride ourselves on operating a work environment where all of our employees are treated fairly and with great respect. We wouldn’t be successful without each and every one of our employees, so we do our best to take care of them. We offer flexible scheduling, professional development classes, growth opportunities, and benefits for full-time employees.
We hire candidates with a background in law enforcement, US military, customer service, or other related experience. We have 6 different rating levels for our officers based on the experience of a job site and the risk level. We are currently hiring both unarmed and armed officers with most shifts being on the weekend. In addition to hiring Security Officers, we also hire Event Staff personnel to work various events and festivals.
Officer’s duties are to:
- Provide a visual presence at or on contracted properties for crime reduction and prevention.
- Interact with property guests and customers with a smile and friendly attitude.
- Take appropriate action to resolve issues.
- Employ lawful techniques to suppress disorderly conduct.
- Act as liaison to law enforcement agencies having competent jurisdiction.
- Complete written reports to document activity or actions taken.
- Attend required and requisite training. The initial training course is 8-12 hours long with more advanced courses offered based on your job classification.
- Perform additional functions as directed by supervision.
- Paid training
- Variety of job sites, including restaurant bars, construction sites, businesses, residential properties, etc.
- Great management on-call 24/7 if you have an issue
- Pay starts at $13.25-$18.00 an hour with an evaluation at 90 days.
- Full-time employees get health insurance, short-term disability insurance, paid time off, access to a 401k and more.
- Must be at least 18 years of age for unarmed security, 21 years of age for armed.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Must demonstrate exceptional customer service, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Must be able to work independently while following orders and protocols.
- Must have your own vehicle and be able to drive it to work.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must have an operating cell phone with voice, text, and data capabilities.
- Must be able to demonstrate good critical thinking skills.
- Must have a clean criminal history- no arrests or convictions that conflict with receiving a SLED security certificate.
- Must be able to pass an initial and periodic drug tests.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move at least 25 lbs. Must have the physical stamina to stand on your feet for 8 hours with no break.