High Spirits Hospitality is the parent company to Liquid Catering, Events at Judson Mill, The 405, Bravo1 Protection, Topside Pool Club, and High Spirits Events. What started as a small bartending company in our owner's garage in 2011 has grown into a thriving business with 40 full-time employees and 150+ part-time employees providing services for over 600-800 events a year. We are driven with the vision of providing exceptional customer service to our clients, as well as embracing a REMARKABLE team culture for our employees.
Making Life Fun
Keepin' It Real
Ahead of the Curve
Leading with Heart
Exceeding Expectations Everyday
The Staff Accountant provides support to our Director of Finance and the rest of our team. It's your job to ensure the team has the financial tools and resources they need to be successful. This role focuses on managing inner-company transfers, bill backs, and journal reconciliations. This position works from our Corporate Office in Greenville, SC.
- Record and manage inner-company transfers and billing.
- Transfer daily sales and invoices from our POS systems, primarily Planning Pod and Square, to Quickbooks. Ensure all tax codes and discounts reconcile.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly budget, and financial reports.
- Assist the Accounting Associate when needed with daily bookkeeping efforts, including entering client payments, bills, and expenses into Quickbooks.
- Compile all financial authorization reports. Ensure invoices and bills that have been submitted for payment are accurate and supporting documents have been filed.
- Review vendor and customer contracts to ensure financial controls are in place and all aspects of the contracts are properly recorded and tracked (ex. Renewal time frames, rate changes, insurance requirements, etc.).
- Prepare sales and use tax returns.
- Manage cash tips for payroll.
- Manage the shared accounting email inbox. Manage communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in-person.
- Reconcile petty cash on a weekly basis.
- Make bank deposits and withdrawals as needed.
- Put together and receive cash bags for off-site events. Complete post event sales reporting.
- Manage all past due invoicing and collections processes.
- Mitigate conflict with clients & vendors as it pertains to the financial department.
- Assist with development, implementation and maintaining of financial controls and guidelines.
- Practice consistent accounting policies and procedures across all programs and companies.
- Fulfill monthly financial reporting requirements including accrual-based reporting, revenue recognition, and inventory valuation in compliance with GAAP.
- Assist the Director of Finance with compiling month end general ledger transactions and closing financial statements.
- Perform basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing the mail, etc.
- Assist with miscellaneous projects and errands, as they arise.
- Continue to foster the company culture of High Spirits Hospitality by being an active, passionate member of our Leadership Team.
- Attend industry training & networking events, both in-house and externally.
- May be responsible for training, coaching, and motivating junior staff and interns.
- Prepare for meetings by creating and sending out efficient agendas. Oversee assigned follow-up tasks from meetings. Ensure follow-ups from other team members are communicated.
- Provide research support to the Accounting and Admin team.
- Attend and be well-prepared for all staff meetings, training, and retreats.
- Should be able to manage and prioritize incoming tasks and requests from the Director of Finance.
- Must be able to complete tasks on time and efficiently.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our employees, clients, and guests.
- Must be able to think critically and problem solve, sometimes in very high stress situations.
- Should be able to demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Should always come to work with a positive attitude, ready to work hard, and be a supportive member of our team.
- Be familiar with all policies, products and services offered by our company.
This is primarily a Monday-Friday 9-5 job, with 1-3 weekend/evening event & networking shifts a month. There is some flexibility to adjust the weekday schedule to accommodate working parents. After your first 90 days we do offer flexibility to work no more than 30% of your time from home. Our pay period runs Wednesday-Tuesday, and we do give you the flexibility to adjust your schedule if you do have to work an event.
We do believe in developing our team members and providing them with numerous opportunities to grow. We customize a Career Road Map for each position, providing our team with clear expectations about the skills they need to develop to be considered for a promotion.
- Annual salary of $52,000-$58,000 a year.
- Weekly payroll.
- BlueChoice Health, Dental, and Vision insurance offered following 60 days employment. We pay 50% of all premiums for employees and 10% of premiums for dependents.
- Eligible to enroll with Palmetto Proactive Healthcare for just $30 a month.
- Eligible to enroll in a Unum short-term disability insurance plan, with the company paying 50% of your premiums.
- FREE Unum $10,000 Life insurance policy and FREE Employee Assistance Program, enrolled upon hire.
- Eligible to participate in our 401k program from day one. After your first year with us we'll provide up to a 1.5% company match. FREE money!
- Eligible to participate in our Allstate Critical Illness, Accident, and Supplemental Life Insurance programs.
- Exempt employees enjoy a flextime scheduling option + Discretionary Time Off.
- A one month paid sabbatical every four years.
- An annual $250 Travel Bonus.
- Paid in-depth orientation and training provided.
- Technology Allowance for personal computers and phones used for business purposes.
- Paid parental leave package for any active parent.
- Eligible to participate in our Employee Referral Bonus programs. More FREE money!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or other relevant degree.
- Should have at least two years of accounting experience, showing accountability for producing accurate financial report and bookkeeping records.
- Must be at least 21 years of age (we are around alcohol).
- Should show incredible proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook and Excel.
- Experience with Quickbooks Online is preferred.
- Should demonstrate remarkable customer service skills.
- Should demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Should demonstrate experience with conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Must own a cell phone with data capabilities and have your own vehicle for errands. Must have a current Driver’s License.
- Work 40-45 hours per week depending on the season. Most work scheduled will be Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm. There will be periodic evenings and weekends required to work events during large festivals.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have a clean criminal and credit history.
- Must respect the diversity of our employees and clients and be willing to serve all, regardless of their race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Must be willing to comply with our Workplace Wellness Policy.