High Spirits Hospitality is the parent company to Liquid Catering, Events at Judson Mill, The 405, Bravo1 Protection, Topside Pool Club, and High Spirits Events. What started as a small bartending company in our owner's garage in 2011 has grown into a thriving business with 50 full-time employees and 150+ part-time employees providing services for over 1,000 events a year. We are driven with the vision of providing exceptional customer service to our clients, as well as embracing a REMARKABLE team culture for our employees.
Making Life Fun
Keepin' It Real
Ahead of the Curve
Leading with Heart
Exceeding Expectations Everyday
We are currently looking for a Venue Sales Representative and Sales Manager to coordinate the sales and planning process for events for our two brand new event venues, Events at Judson Mill and The 405. These are two separate positions with varying levels of responsibility based on experience.
Our ideal candidates will need exceptional organizational skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to manage priorities for incoming tasks. We need a dynamic individual who is up for a challenge everyday. This position does work some nights and weekends, but will get to enjoy Flextime scheduling and Discretionary Time Off to ensure you have a great work-life balance. Experience in event venue operations and sales is a must.
- Ensure accounts are effectively engaged from the first inquiry to follow-up post event. This includes conducting tasks such as;
- Respond to initial inquiries through phone, social media, email, and web submissions. Schedule qualified leads for an in-person or virtual consult.
- Conduct winning consults, both in-person and virtually.
- After the consult, follow-up with the lead, answering their questions and nurturing the relationship until they book or decide to book elsewhere.
- For those that want to book, you'll be issuing their contracts, payment schedules, and continue to build the relationship.
- After they have booked, continue to work with the Client through their planning process. Complete lay-outs, timelines, vendor communication, rental orders, beverage orders, and more. Coordinate all the venue-related details to ensure a successful event.
- Work with the Administrative Division to ensure all payments and deposits are made and client billing is accounted for in a timely manner.
- Ensure all day-of event logistic details are planned out, billed appropriately, and communicated to the operations team.
- Complete all post event thank you notes, follow-ups, survey request, review responses, etc.
- Help grow our corporate book of business by cold calling, nurturing, and engaging corporate leads and converting them into new business.
- Accountable for meeting monthly and annual sales goals, as well as both financial and customer satisfaction goals.
- Mitigate any conflict with a client according to our company standards. This includes directing conflict upward so senior team members as needed.
- Be familiar with all policies, products and services offered by our company. Write new and adapt current policy language as needed.
- Collaborate with our event planning team when needed. We offer all-inclusive and day-of wedding coordination to our clients as an additional service.
- Attend networking events, training, and development sessions as required.
- Work 1-3 events a month. You may be asked to work 8-10 hours in a managerial role per week or stop in to greet your clients beforehand. When managing an event you will be supervising 2-8 hourly staff members at a time. This volume fluctuates seasonally.
- Attend and be well-prepared for all staff meetings, training, and retreats.
- Should be able to manage and prioritize incoming tasks and requests from the VP of Sales.
- Must be able to complete tasks on time and efficiently.
- Own a cell phone with a text, voice, and data plan that can be used for work purposes.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our clients and guests.
- Must be able to think critically and problem solve, sometimes in very high stress situations.
- Should be able to demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Should always come to with a positive attitude, ready to work hard and be a supportive member of our team.
- Responsible for turning in financial receipts in a timely manner and monitor the department budget to avoid excess expenditures
- Be familiar with all policies, products and services offered by our company. Be an expert on policies that are in place for the venue.
As this is an event-based job, our sales team members are expected to work 1-3 weekend event shifts a month. Aside from events, there are frequent evening/weekend networking events and appointments as well. Our pay period runs Wednesday-Tuesday, and we do give you the flexibility to take off on Mondays when if you worked that weekend. We do ask that you work from the office Tuesday-Thursday, but after 90 days we provide a ton of flexibility to adjust your work schedule otherwise. There is some seasonality to this position, with our high season being April-June and September-December. This is an in-person position based in Greenville, SC.
We do believe in developing our team members and providing them with numerous opportunities to grow. We customize a Career Road Map for each position, providing our team with clear expectations about the skills they need to develop to be considered for a promotion.
- Annual salary package of $42,000-$55,000 based on experience. There are sales bonuses as well.
- BlueChoice Health, Dental, and Vision insurance offered following 60 days employment. We pay 50% of all premiums for employees and 10% of premiums for dependents.
- Eligible to enroll with Palmetto Proactive Healthcare for just $30 a month.
- Eligible to enroll in a Unum short-term disability insurance plan, with the company paying 50% of your premiums.
- FREE Unum $10,000 Life insurance policy and FREE Employee Assistance Program, enrolled upon hire.
- Eligible to participate in our 401k program from day one. After your first year with us we'll provide up to a 1.5% company match. FREE money!
- Eligible to participate in our Allstate Critical Illness, Accident, and Supplemental Life Insurance programs.
- Exempt employees enjoy a flextime scheduling option + Discretionary Paid Time Off after your first 90 days.
- One month paid sabbatical every 4 years.
- $250 Annual Travel Bonus.
- Paid in-depth orientation and training provided.
- Allowance for personal computers and phones used for business purposes (administrative employees).
- Paid parental leave.
- Eligible to participate in our Employee Referral Bonus programs. More FREE money.
- Weekly pay.
- 2+ years of experience in a relevant role. Must demonstrate the ability to sell, plan, and execute a high volume of events.
- Must respect the diversity of our clients and be willing to serve all clients, regardless of their race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Should demonstrate remarkable leadership skills.
- Should demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office technology tools.
- Should demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
- Should demonstrate exceptional organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be willing to work frequent nights and weekends.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid drivers license and have your own vehicle. There will be daily travel between the venue and our corporate office located 2 miles away.
- Must be able to lift, move, and carry 25+ lbs.
- High School diploma or GED required. A college degree is NOT a requirement for this position.
- Must have a clean criminal history.