Venue Sales Manager, The Old Cigar Warehouse
High Spirits Hospitality is the parent company to Liquid Catering, The Old Cigar Warehouse, Bravo1 Protection and High Spirits Events. We are driven with the vision of providing exceptional customer service to our clients, as well as embracing a positive team culture for our employees. Company-wide we have 16 full-time employees and 50+ part time employees. Our Venue Sales Manager works primarily to book clients for our historic event venue, The Old Cigar Warehouse. We have two Sales Managers; this Sales Manager position would take on our corporate business and 1/2 the wedding bookings at The Old Cigar Warehouse.
Our ideal candidate will be someone with a passion for working for a small business and understands the entrepreneurial drive and fluidity of a small but growing company. All of our brands are centered around hospitality, so a candidate who has experience in restaurants and with events is a MUST to better understand the dynamic of our company. This position does work some nights and weekends.
- Manage all aspect of our corporate and wedding sales for the venue. Work with the Client throughout the booking process, managing the account from the first inquiry to working their event. This includes coordinating all follow-ups, issuing contracts, answering all questions, nurturing the client relationship after they have booked, finalizing all event details and responding to customer surveys and reviews after the event. We receive about 400 inquires a year, and book 70-100 events per year. Our rental packages include booking the room, equipment rentals and bar service.
- Responsible for maintaining our Corporate book of business by cold calling, nurturing, and engaging corporate leads and converting them into new business.
- Work with the CEO & Director of Event Sales to determine appropriate sales strategies in all current and new market segments to maximize company revenues. Observe market trends and monitor competitors to adapt our sales targets.
- Be familiar with all policies, products and services offered by our company.
- Accountable for meeting monthly and annual sales goals, as well as both financial and customer satisfaction goals.
- Attend networking events, training and development sessions as required.
- Answer all client communications within 24 hours.
- Manage all client and vendor issues according to our company standards for conflict resolution.
- Work with the Administrative Division to ensure all payments and deposits are made and client billing is accounted for in a timely manner.
- Ensure all day-of event logistic details are taken care of.
- Present an “expert” voice representing our company and the event industry through public relations and marketing efforts.
- Work 4-8 events a month. You may be asked to work 8-10 hours in a managerial role per week or stop in to greet your clients beforehand. When managing an event you will be supervising 1-8 hourly staff members at a time.
- Coordinate all post event follow-up surveys and thank-you notes.
- Attend and be well-prepared for all staff meetings, training and retreats.
- Be on time for work each day.
- Work 40-50 hours per week, depending on the season. Additional hours could be required during busy seasons. Most work scheduled will be Tuesday-Friday 9-5, frequent Fridays & Saturdays, with most Sunday and Mondays off. There are of course other evening events that need to be worked.
- Should be able to manage and prioritize incoming tasks and requests from our sales and management team. Must be able to complete tasks on time and efficiently.
- Own a laptop computer and cell phone that can be used for work purposes.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our clients and guests.
- Be a strong leader for our Sales Team.
- Ensure that the relationship and communications between the Sales and Operational team is a positive and fluid one.
- Must be able to think critically and problem solve, sometimes in very high stress situations.
- Should always come to with a positive attitude, ready to work hard and be a supportive member of our team.
- Turn in all financial receipts in a timely manner and monitor the department budget to avoid excess expenditures.
- Salary package based on experience.
- Eligible for Health, Vision and Dental benefits after a 60-day waiting period. Company pays 50% of the annual premiums for employees and 10% for dependents.
- Eligible to enroll for Short-Term Disability Insurance. The company pays 50% of the premiums.
- 401k program after first year of employment.
- Free enrollment in our company life insurance and Employee Assistance Program.
- $20 Technology allowance paid biweekly to compensate for personal cell phone and computer usage.
- 80 hours of PTO time to be used each year. 3.08 hours are accrued each pay period and up to 40 hours may be carried over into the next year.
- 68 annual hours of Paid Holiday Time Off.
- Must be able to lift, move, and carry 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Must be able to work independently without supervision.
- Must own a vehicle and be able to drive it to work. Must maintain an active Driver’s License.
- Must own a cell phone with a text, voice, and data plan.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- College Degree preferred, but not required.
- Must have at least three years of hospitality experience with at least two years in event sales or operations.
- Should demonstrate excellent computer skills.
- Possess strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.